XMAX Pres in an Ultra-portable USB-C Interface
Loaded with two sweet-sounding XMAX-L preamps, the PreSonus Studio 26c is tailor-made for DJs, mobile musicians, and electronic musicians who want excellent audio quality in a sturdy, portable form factor. Four rear-panel line outputs make connecting two sets of studio monitors easy. You also get MIDI I/O for your keyboard controller, so working with virtual instruments is a breeze. DJs will appreciate the Studio 26c’s Cue Mix A/B headphone selection. And you can start recording right away with the included Studio One Artist software and Studio Magic plug-in suite.
If you’re just getting started with recording, the PreSonus Studio 26c will give you everything you need to hit the ground running — just add music! No matter what kind of recording you do, the PreSonus Studio 26c USB-C audio interface will exceed your expectations.
Award-winning XMAX preamps onboard
Ever since PreSonus’s first-generation XMAX preamps hit the market, Sweetwater engineers have been huge fans of their naturally warm and vibrant sound. The Studio 26c showcases the new solid-state XMAX-L preamp generation. These pres still offer the signature sound. At the same time, they can be impressively clear. Just pull back the gain a little, and you’ll still have loads of volume with plenty of headroom to spare.
Professional-level digital resolution available
Speaking of headroom, thanks to the Studio 26c’s high-quality digital converters, you get an impressive 115dB of dynamic range that allows you to capture every nuance and sonic detail of your source. What’s more, these converters are capable of operating at up to 192kHz resolution, allowing you to go well past the 96kHz of professional studio work and future-proof your recordings for the high-quality standards yet to come. In other words, whether you need ultra-high-resolution audio for sound-design work or simply want to capture your recordings in the greatest possible sonic detail, your Studio 26c is ready for the job.
Equipped with convenient A/B monitoring
One thing that’s absolutely critical when it comes to high-quality studio recording and DJ/electronic music performance is flexible monitoring, and the Studio 26c delivers. PreSonus outfitted the Studio 26c with their Cue Mix A/B headphone selection. This allows you to switch smoothly between two independent mixes, which is great when shifting between a recording mix and the main mix or cueing up tracks in a live DJ set.
MIDI I/O offers extended hardware control
Need to hook up MIDI gear? Your Studio 26c has that covered too. It lets you connect everything from old-school controller keyboards to modern digitally controlled guitar amps, all via a set of traditional 5-pin MIDI ports. Simple, foolproof, and easy to use, you’ll be amazed at how often these connections prove to be useful
Killer software package included
Packaged with Studio One Artist, the Studio 26c provides you with everything you need to start recording on your computer. And to take it to the next level, PreSonus includes the Studio Magic Plug-in Suite. This extensive collection of popular plug-ins from manufacturers such as Maag Audio, Lexicon, and Arturia, adding up to hundreds of dollars of extra value. Punch up your mix bus with Brainworx’s bx-opto, add ambiance with Eventide’s SP2016-inspired Stereo Room reverb, fire up transients with SPL’s Attacker, and much more. And since these plug-ins are available in AAX, VST, and AU formats, they’re compatible with any DAW you choose.
PreSonus Studio 26c USB-C Audio Interface Features:
- Mobile-ready, bus-powered 2-in/4-out USB-C audio interface
- Loaded with 2 clear and dynamic XMAX-L solid-state microphone preamplifiers
- Capable of up to 24-bit/192kHz studio-grade digital resolution
- Stay on top of your mix with ladder-style LED monitoring and low-latency direct monitoring
- Cue Mix A/B headphone output control accommodates a number of advanced applications
- Onboard MIDI I/O provides a standard 5-pin DIN connection to keyboards and other MIDI gear
- Includes PreSonus Studio One Artist DAW software for Mac and Windows PCs
- Packaged with the complete Studio Magic Plug-in Suite — a collection of awesome plug-ins by Maag Audio, Lexicon, Arturia, and others
- USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A cables included
- Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 2 x 4
- Number of Preamps: 2
- Phantom Power: Yes
- A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Built In DSP/FX: Studio Magic Plug-in Suite
- Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4″ combo (mic/line/Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ (main out), 2 x 1/4″ (line)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4″
- MIDI I/O: In/Out
- USB: 1 x Type C
- Software: Studio One Artist
- OS Requirements – Mac: OS X 10.11 or later
- OS Requirements – PC: Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Bus Powered: Yes
- Power Supply: USB bus powered
- Height: 1.75″
- Width: 7″
- Depth: 5.5″
- Weight: 1.6 lbs.